This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information and protect your personal information. Please note that we may update it from time to time.
(1) The information we collect
We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and any other information your browser provides routinely;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information provided when you register with us;
- information provided when you subscribe to our website services, email notifications etc;
- any other information that you may send us via our website or our business premises;
Solarcentury may set and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a very small piece of data which allows the web server to identify and track activity of the web browser. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our websites. Solarcentury complies with the cookie requirements of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (UK Regulations).
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser or visitwww.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Solarcentury uses a session ID cookie such as PHPSESSID to identify your current user session on our websites.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel which may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Our websites also use Google Analytics to track our site performance and to enable us to maximise your online experience. Details of these cookies can be accessed here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
(3) Using your personal information
Solarcentury and its subsidiaries collect and securely store information about individuals purely for its own business purposes and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 or the relevant national legislation on data protection. We will not pass this information to any third party unless required to do so for law enforcement purposes, other than to those providing a service on our behalf in connection with our business. We may contact you occasionally about events, new products or promotions. Please email email@example.com if you do not wish to receive such information.
Any information you submit will be retained by Solarcentury for as long as you use the services and systems provided on the website. Information that you may submit through any communications system that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 6 months.
Personal information submitted via this website will be used for the purposes stated in this policy or on relevant parts of the website. Any or all of your personal information may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our websites. Specifically, information held about you may be used by us for the following reasons:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to provide third parties with statistical information about our web users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- to maintain internal records.
Where you submit personal information for publication, we will only publish and use that information in accordance with the terms of the permission you grant us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(4) Third Party Websites and Services
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(6) International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(7) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
(8) Your rights
You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you subject to:
- paying a fee (currently £10.00); and
- appropriate evidence of your identity (such as a certified copy of your passport plus proof of address such as an original copy of a recent utility bill).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may require us not to use your personal information for marketing. Usually you will be asked your preference expressly in advance of submitting your data and / or given an opportunity to opt- out of having your data used for marketing purposes.
(9) Third party websites
If the website contains links to other websites we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(10) Data controller
The data controller responsible for information collected on this website is Solar Century Holdings Limited Company No. 3570325 registered in England & Wales whose registered office is at 50 Great Sutton St, London, EC1V 0DF.
If your personal information needs to be updated please contact us.