(1) The information we collect
- If you visit our websites to use any of our services, fill out any forms, use any of our calculators or as part of our schools programme, we may collect, store and use the following personal information:
- contact information including your name, email and organisation;
- general information provided by you when you fill out any of our forms on our websites, use our calculators, register with us, subscribe to our services (such as our website services or email notifications) or when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- any other information that you may send us via our websites or our business premises.
- If you want to obtain a quote or purchase goods or services from us, we may also collect, store and use the following personal information:
- contact information (e.g. name, postal address, email address) and information about your property;
- general information provided by you when you fill out any of our forms on our websites or register with us or when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- information you provide when you use our calculator to get an instant estimate for your home or when you request a quotation for goods and services. The information you give us may include information about your property;
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our websites, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- for access to SolarcenturyOnline (our customer portal), all we require is your email address so that you can sign into SolarcenturyOnline securely (using your own unique password). Those who have an account with SolarcenturyOnline can choose to opt-out of marketing communications, yet maintain full access to that account and our websites. Some communications (for example important account notifications, billing information, estimate and quotation information) are considered transactional and relate to the goods or services we sell to you and are necessary for all our customers. We will therefore continue to send these communications to you (where you have requested a quotation or purchased some goods or services from us) even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing communications from us, unless you cancel your order and account. Please note that where you cancel your order and account with us, we will still hold on to any transactional data for a reasonable period of time, in case there any issues that may need to be resolved relating to your order. These details will be stored in our secure database;
- when you need to make any payments, you will be directed to either pay over the phone or to the payment page where you can enter your payment details. We do not store financial details such as credit card numbers but we will pass the details of your order that we have collected from you to our payment platform provider so that they can process your payments to our account;
- information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties, for example, our subcontractors, our payment platform provider and our retail partners and may receive information about you from them.
(2) Using your personal information
Personal information submitted via our websites will be collected and used for the purposes stated in this policy or on relevant parts of any of our websites. We may ask for:
- your contact details, so that we can respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you and to contact you about services requested by you, communicate with you as you have requested and to keep our records up to date. If you have opted-in to receive marketing communications, we will also use this information to contact you occasionally about events, new products or promotions;
- general information and information about you and your property, so that we can provide the best possible service and experience when you use our websites or when you request services from us;
- in respect of our schools programme, general information about the school and contact details, so we can monitor uptake and notify teachers of any updates to our resources;
- financial information, so that we can process payments pursuant to any orders made by you.
Specifically, information held about you may be used by us to:
- be able to deliver estimates and quotes for goods and/or services (either through our calculator or otherwise);
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- conduct general market analysis;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- maintain internal records.
Where you submit personal information for publication, we will only publish and use that information in accordance with the terms of the permission you grant us.
(3) Sharing information about you
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the sole purpose of direct marketing. However, we may, from time to time, use other companies and organisations to help us provide our services to you and we may disclose and share your information to such third party service providers insofar as reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. For example we may use third parties to:
- process and handle estimates, quotes and sales (through our telesales providers and retail partners);
- handle payments (through our payment platform provider);
- deliver and install purchased items, goods and services (through our subcontractors and suppliers);
- assist us with our search engine facilities, advertising and marketing campaigns and to conduct general market analysis.
(4) Other disclosures
We may disclose information about you to any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries), any of our employees, officers and agents. We may also disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(5) Cookies and our website
In addition to personal information that you choose to give us we may also collect information about your computer and about your general usage of our websites. This includes information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our websites including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation and any other information your browser provides routinely.
Solarcentury may set and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a very small piece of data which allows the web server to identify and track activity of the web browser. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our websites. Solarcentury complies with the cookie requirements of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 (UK Regulations).
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or financial details. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser or visitwww.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
Solarcentury uses a session ID cookie such as PHPSESSID to identify your current user session on our websites.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel which may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Our websites also use Google Analytics to track our site performance and to enable us to maximise your online experience. Details of these cookies can be accessed here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
We may use information collected in this manner to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our web users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
(6) International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on our websites will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(7) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to any of our websites).
(8) Your rights
You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you subject to:
- paying a fee (currently £10.00); and
- appropriate evidence of your identity (such as a certified copy of your passport plus proof of address such as an original copy of a recent utility bill).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You have the right to stop us using your personal information for marketing. Usually you will be asked your preference expressly in advance of submitting your data and / or given an opportunity to opt-out of having your data used for marketing purposes. You can also email us at any time to opt-out email@example.com.
(9) Third Party Websites and Services
If any of our websites contain links to other websites we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(11) Data controller
The data controller responsible for information collected on this website is Solar Century Holdings Limited Company No. 3570325 registered in England & Wales whose registered office is at 50 Great Sutton St, London, EC1V 0DF.
(12) Contact us
Solar Century Holdings Limited
50 Great Sutton Street
Or at: firstname.lastname@example.org